Ad Hoc View – Chart Format – Appearance
Charts are useful tools for graphically displaying information.
Sometimes, you may wish to change the format of your charts, beyond the basic options.
There are many options available within the Chart Format tool.
Step 1. Open or create a new ad hoc view (refer to the Creating Ad Hoc Views article for further information)
Step 2. Select Chart from the drop-down at the top of the screen.
By default, a column chart is selected.
Step 3. To change the chart type, click the options drop down in the top left corner of the chart area.
Step 4. Select Chart Types… and select the required chart
Step 5. Add the required fields and measures to your chart.
Step 6. To change the chart format, click the options dropdown again.
Step 7. Select Chart Format
The Axis tab is displayed
For information on formatting using the Axis tab, refer to the Ad Hoc View – Chart Format – Axis article.
Step 8. Click on the Appearance tab
Click the checkbox for one of the fields (see below).
Tip - Appearance options only work on the specified chart types e.g. Line, Area, Scatter and Bubble.
Click Apply for the changes to appear on your chart.
Click OK to save the changes and exit.
Line and Area Options:
- Show data points on line charts
- Check the box to display points on a line chart
- Uncheck the box to not display points on a line chart
Scatter and Bubble Options:
- Show line on scatter charts
- Check the box to show lines between points on scatter charts
- Uncheck the box to not show lines between points on scatter charts
For more information on working with chart formats, refer to the following articles:
- Ad Hoc View – Chart Format – Axis
- Ad Hoc View – Chart Format – Labels
- Ad Hoc View – Chart Format – Advanced